“We are an embarrassment (in Illinois),” Walsh said. “We are the last state standing when it comes to concealed carry.” Although Illinois is the only state that will not benefit from congressional legislation, Walsh hopes that the passage of national reciprocity will spur his state to action.
Recently, the freshman Congressman became the first member of Congress to officially call for Attorney General Eric Holder’s resignation because of the growing Fast and Furious scandal. More than 30 members of Congress have since joined the call for Holder to step down.
“The American people deserve to know the truth regarding Attorney General Eric Holder’s knowledge and role in the Fast and Furious operation,” said Walsh in a statement. “This program was deliberately designed to attack law-abiding American gun owners and gun dealers. Why else would an anti-gun Administration force licensed firearms dealers to sell guns to violent criminals?”
“Our gun rights frequently come under attack in Washington,” said GOA’s Mr. Macy. “Gun owners and sportsmen around the country have a trusted friend in Congressman Walsh.
“Gun Owners of America is proud to make this endorsement, and we encourage friends of the Second Amendment from Illinois and around the country to stand with Rep. Walsh with their encouragement and financial support as well.”
Congressman Walsh reacted to the endorsement by saying, “I am pleased to have the support of this wonderful organization and I will continue to be a tireless advocate for the Second Amendment, which I believe to be the most important amendment in the Bill of Rights.”
This endorsement comes on the heels of the congressman receiving the Family Research Council’s “True Blue” Award for maintaining a 100% Pro-Family voting record, as well as earning a 95% ranking on the Heritage Foundation’s Legislative Scorecard, which recognizes those members of Congress who are “fighting for freedom, opportunity, prosperity and civil society.”
Americans For Truth About Homosexuality
November 10, 2011; Contact: Peter LaBarbera: firstname.lastname@example.org
CHICAGO—The discovery that former Penn State University defensive coordinator Jerry Sandusky has been molesting boys as young as 10 years old – and that university officials including head coach Joe Paterno did not do more to apprehend this predator – has shocked America. Peter LaBarbera, president of Americans For Truth About Homosexuality (AFTAH), said the scandal exposes the continuing problem of homosexual predators in society. He offers the following observations related to the PSU scandal:
Many openly homosexual (“gay”) men, like CNN anchor Don Lemon, were molested as boys or experienced abnormally early sexualization. Yet many of these same men do NOT see their boyhood victimization at the hands of homosexual male predators as causing their homosexuality. (This is due partly to the success of the modern “gay” movement that falsely ascribes “gayness” to a person’s (innate) identity, and emphasizes the ambiguous notion of “sexual orientation” as opposed to behavior that is sinful, destructive and changeable.)
Thus, how many boy victims of homosexual predator Sandusky will end up believing that being homosexual (“gay”) is “who they are”? How many will struggle with sexual identity issues? And how many will be told by LGBT advocates and liberal-minded people just to “accept being gay” as “who they are” because they were “born that way”?
- Because the media and academia have largely become apologists for the modern homosexualist movement, they downplay or ignore obvious causative factors in the formation of “gay” identity – including pederastic molestation. CNN’s Lemon is a case in point: he is now an “out gay” celebrity, yet few question the absurdity of him not associating the molestation of his youth with his later embrace of homosexuality as a positive identity.
- There IS a long history connecting homosexuality to pederasty, and a disproportionate link between homosexuality and pedophilia: why else would so many child molestation victims be boys when only 1-3 percent of the population is homosexual? Since cases of women molesting boys remain rare, if homosexuality were not such a strong factor, nearly all of pedophile victims should be girls, which is far from the case.
- Sandusky is married but obviously has a homosexuality (perversion) problem. Yet pro-“gay” liberals will deny any linkage between homosexuality and Sandusky’s rape/seduction of boys. In fact, after news of the Penn State scandal came to light, “gay” activists stressed that Sandusky is married and that most pedophile cases involve “straight, married men.” However, behavior is what matters – not a person’s marital status or self-described “sexual orientation.” Sandusky was married but was he really “straight” (sexually or morally)? Some inner demons or life traumas – probably in his own youth – caused him to lust for boys, wrecking untold misery in the lives of his victims. Behavior is the issue, and this was a case of a serial homosexual predator raping boys.
Hartford Public High School is divided into multiple “academies,” two of which attended the first performance. When two teenage male characters kiss, a group of high school students attending the play audibly expressed their disgust and walked out of the performance. Subsequently the play, which was scheduled to be performed two more times for other groups of students, became a source of community and national outrage.
A local Connecticut news report stated that the principal of one of the school’s academies “noted the importance of accepting homosexual intimacy as society accepts heterosexual intimacy.” What right has a government employee acting in his official capacity as a school official to decide or state that students should accept the unproven, non-factual belief that homosexual intimacy is equivalent to heterosexual intimacy?
Read the whole thing.
From Plains Daily – In a media advisory, the Fort Totten North Dakota Spirit Lake tribe, which has been supporting the “Fighting Sioux” name for the athletic teams of the University of North Dakota- will make what it termed as a “major announcement” this morning at 10:00 from its Fort Totten North Dakota headquarters.
Updates will be forthcoming.
The announcement is – The Spirit Lake Sioux are suing the NCAA!
Some of the allegations in the suit from the grandforksherald:
– The two tribes are “indispensable parties” who were left out of negotiations leading to a 2007 settlement agreement between the state of North Dakota and the NCAA, so the agreement is void.
– The NCAA has over-reached its jurisdiction and infringed on UND’s copyright on the “Fighting Sioux” logo.
– By failing to take into account “traditions, ceremonies and religious acts that are sacred to the Sioux Nations,” including a 1969 naming ceremony at UND, the NCAA has violated the federal Indian Religious Freedom Act.
– The NCAA’s application of its policy to UND violates plaintiffs’ freedom of speech and the federal Indian Civil Rights Act.
– The NCAA’s description of “Fighting Sioux” as a “hostile and abusive” term “soiled the name and reputation of the Sioux nation” and amount to defamation.
God bless the Standing Rock Sioux.