Happy birthday to the world – In the 17th century, Anglican bishop James Ussher published his “Annals of the World”, and it is now available for the first time in English. This 17th century original manuscript has been translated from the original Latin Text, and is now available for the first time ever in softcover and hardcover.
Integrating approx. 15% of biblical history with secular sources, Ussher wrote this incredible literary classic, an accurate reference so highly regarded for its preciseness that the timeline from it was included in the margins of many King James Version Bibles throughout the 18th, 19th and 20th centuries. He traveled throughout Europe, gathering information from actual historical documents, many of which are no longer available, having been destroyed since the time of his research.
- Why Julius Caesar was kidnapped in 75 B.C.
- Why Alexander the Great burned his ships in 326 B.C.
- What really happened when the sun ‘went backward’ as a sign to Hezekiah
- What secular history says about the darkness of the Crucifixion
- Important literary work that has been inaccessible in book form for over 300 years
- The Chronology of the World full of colored charts, graphs, timelines and more on CD
- World history traced from creation through 70 A.D.
- Over 10,000 footnotes from the original text updated to references from works in the Loeb Classicl Library by Harvard Press
- Over 2,500 citations from the bible and the Apocrypha
- Ussher’s original citations that have been checked against the lastest textual scholarship
“The Annals of the World” is a necessary addition to any church library, pastor’s library, or any library, and not surprisingly, is a favorite of home schoolers. It contains the actual history of the ancient world from the Genesis creation through the destruction of the Jerusalem Temple, and flies in the face of evolutionists’ theory which necessitates billions of years to explain how life sprang from non-life and mutated from one-celled organiisms into human beings.
ANOTHER FASCINATING WORK BY JAMES USSHER
A snippet from the section on “Fallen Angels”:
Can the Devil work Miracles, and tell things to come?
No: But God only. Mat. 4. 3 Isa. 41.23.
What Power have they to hurt Man?
They have no more Power than is under Nature, (for above Nature they canot work); and yet they can do nothing by the Power, but what GOD appointeth; not so much as the entering into Hogs. Mat. 8. 31.
How are they effected towards Man?
Very maliciously: As their several Names given them do declare.
What are those Names?
First, Satan, because they mortally hate Men. Secondly, Devil: Because they slanderously accuse them to God and Man, Job 1. 11. & 2. 5. Rev. 12. 10. Thirdly: The Old Serpent: For their subtle Temptation. Fourthly, The Great Dragon: For their destroying of Man. Rev. 12. 9.
How many of them do attend upon every Man?
Sometimes many upon one, and one upon many.
What are the Evil Offices they perform against Man?
Some are common to the Godly with the Wicked; others are proper to the Wicked alone.
Theological areas covered include:
- The Commandments.
- The Priestly office.
- The Prophetical office.
- Spiritual warfare.
- Resisting the temptations of the flesh.
- The Lord’s Supper.
- … and many others, essentially comprising a complete overview of man’s proper relation to God and all things Eternal.
“A Body of Divinity” is a wonderful book to have in a convenient place around the house, and a treasured gift for any believer.